Thin Places Book Launch and Reading
Sunday, July 19th at 4 pm
St. Benedict’s Episcopal Church
Los Osos, CA
Light refreshments will be served.
With my debut novel, Thin Places, recently released, here are 8 way you can support me–or other local indie authors who might be too shy to ask.
Beware! This is a totally self-serving blog post:
1. Come to my book launch and invite your friends. I’ll be doing a short reading, answer questions, and then sign books and schmooze.
2. Buy my book. Yes, I’m stating the obvious. Here’s a short synopsis of the book and links to purchase Thin Places in paperback or your favorite e-reader. If you’re going to my book launch, I’ll have plenty of paperback copies available.
3. Invite me to your book group to do a reading and discussion. I’m intrigued by the creative process—from writing to art to gardening, dancing, Tai chi, cooking, playing golf. It’s all creative and I’ve been struck over the years by the similarity of the process no matter the medium.
4. If you like my book, write a review on Amazon or Goodreads or Barnes & Noble. Reviews help others to see a book, and also give me–the author–feedback.
5. It’s great when you hit the “like” button on Facebook, and even better when you “share” or “retweet.” That way your friends see my post. (Did I say totally self-serving?) If you’re feeling bold, post a picture on Facebook, holding my book.
6. At the top of the page, you can subscribe to my website. I post something new about once a month—rarely longer than 500 words. I try to be thoughtful, thought-provoking, and creative. Post a comment; I almost always respond.
7. Mention my book to your friends. Word of mouth sells books, especially books by independent authors.
8. After you’ve read my book, please tell me. Send me an e-mail, tweet about it, post it on Facebook. I’d love to hear from you.